The Foundation raises private gifts for the benefit of the University of Hawaiʻi and its students. We provide central services to:
- Raise funds
- Manage assets
- Administer gift accounts
To accomplish these activities that support all units and campuses of the UH System, we provide resources and specialists in:
Nearly 99% of gifts are donor-directed. The UH Foundation partners closely with UH to ensure that donor's wishes are realized.
- To ensure that our donor's wishes are respected in perpetuity, we develop individualized Gift Agreements where appropriate. These customized legal documents clearly articulate each donor's gift specifications.
- Currently, the Foundation manages endowments with a total market value of more than $200 million.
- More information on the Foundation's endowment investment pool policies, asset allocation, and performance can be found in the annual endowment reports.
- UHF provides accounting services for more than 5,000 accounts
- UHF responds to more than 1,600 account service requests a month Of the 5,000 accounts we administer, more than 1,500 are student aid accounts for the benefit of UH students.
- Coordinate relationships with potential donors
- Nurture relationships with existing donors through recognition and stewardship events
The Office of Alumni Relations at the UH Foundation develops alumni programming for the UH System.
- UHAA advances the interests of the institution by connecting alumni and friends with the university
- Builds stakeholder relationships in the community
- Inspires pride, affinity and support through mutually beneficial and lifelong relationships