Title: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Department: Fiscal Services
Reports To: Controller
Supervises: Fiscal Associates, Student Assistants
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Under the direction of the Controller, this position shall have knowledge of the organization’s accounts payable and fiscal policies and procedures to oversee the accounts payable functions.
- Responsible for the accounts payable and purchase order processes, including verifying availability of funds, proper signatures, proper business purpose, appropriate backups (i.e., original receipts, flyers, copy of approved out-of-state travel requests, list of names for receptions/various functions, original invoices, etc.)
- Ascertain that checks and purchase orders are processed in a timely manner in accordance with established Foundation policy and procedures.
- Handles inquiries and issues with vendors and department personnel.
- Supervise Fiscal Associates and student assistants, approves time cards and prepares annual performance evaluations and goals for the Fiscal Associates and student assistants positions.
- Responsible for the preparation and filing of the applicable monthly and/or annual IRS Form 1099 & 1042S and payments, including reconciling amounts.
- Responsible for monitoring the Office of Research Services (ORS) agreements process and serving as backup, as needed.
- Responsible for periodically reporting capital equipment purchases to UH
- Handle the office equipment maintenance and UH-Non cash gift for inventory.
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies including accounts payable functions, to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
- Provides accounting assistance to account administrators and operations staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Acts as a liaison between the Foundation, University administrators, vendors and external accountants to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Accounts Payable Supervisor will meet annually with his/her supervisor to put in place a plan for the year. At the end of each year, the Accounts Payable Supervisor and his/her supervisor will review progress toward the annual goals.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Accounts payable work experience, knowledge of accounts payable and general ledger concepts required
- Leadership and/or supervisory experience required
- Experience with Form 1099 processing preferred
- Must be dependable, highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be multi-task oriented and have experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing with people of different levels within and outside the organization.
- Must be results-oriented, quality-driven and team oriented.
- Must reflect and represent the organization’s values which are teamwork, accountability, service, trust, integrity and excellence.
The Accounts Payable Supervisor will work primarily in an office environment and will need to sit or stand for extended periods while either working at a computer, attending a meeting, or performing desk work. Based at 1314 South King Street, Suite B, Honolulu, HI 96814, this position will involve travel, mostly by auto, but occasionally by other modes of transportation. The Accounts Payable Supervisor must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record. The employee may need to work some evenings and weekends and must be able to work to the demands of the position, which may exceed a 40 hour work week. Must be able and willing to travel interisland.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest that provides evidence of the qualifications, a resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Hawai‘i Foundation, Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 11270
Honolulu, HI 96828-0270
f: (808) 748-0727
Our application form is a fillable pdf, please download and save the application to your computer before filling it out.Application Form
The University of Hawaiʻi and the University of Hawaiʻi Foundation
The primary purpose of the University of Hawaiʻi's ten-campus system is to provide an environment in which faculty and students can discover, examine critically, preserve, and transmit the knowledge, wisdom, and values that will help ensure the survival of the present and future generations with improvement in the quality of life.
The University of Hawaiʻi Foundation, a nonprofit organization, raises private funds to support the University of Hawaiʻi System. Our mission is to unite donors' passions with the University of Hawaiʻi's aspirations by raising philanthropic support and managing private investments to benefit UH, the people of Hawaiʻi and our future generations.
The University of Hawai‘i Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.