Title: E-communication/Social Media Student Assistant
Part-time: 15 – 19 hours per week
Compensation: $11.65 or $13.05 depending on experience
Under the direction of the Alumni Relations Coordinator, this position assists in the development and maintenance of the day-to-day Electronic Communications and Social Media presence of the University of Hawai‘i Foundation Office of Alumni Relations (UHFAR).
- Help to plan, create and distribute content on the UH Alumni social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
- Help to write alumni profiles or other written pieces to be featured in alumni e-newsletters and on the alumni website.
- Help to build basic email broadcasts and post content to the alumni website.
- Help to research and identify trending topics or potential alumni profile prospects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be currently enrolled (six or more credits) within the University of Hawai‘i system.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, dependable, and able to work independently
- Must have excellent communication skills and firm understanding of online etiquette
- Must have excellent computer skills (Mac and PC)
- Must have experience and knowledge of social media platforms and best practices
- Must have excellent writing skills (journalism/communications experience a plus)
Based on the University of Hawaii Manoa campus. Flexible Hours, Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Please send letter of interest and resume to Kapiolani.Ching@uhfoundation.orgApplication Form
The University of Hawaiʻi and the University of Hawaiʻi Foundation
The primary purpose of the University of Hawaiʻi's ten-campus system is to provide an environment in which faculty and students can discover, examine critically, preserve, and transmit the knowledge, wisdom, and values that will help ensure the survival of the present and future generations with improvement in the quality of life.
The University of Hawaiʻi Foundation, a nonprofit organization, raises private funds to support the University of Hawaiʻi System. Our mission is to unite donors' passions with the University of Hawaiʻi's aspirations by raising philanthropic support and managing private investments to benefit UH, the people of Hawaiʻi and our future generations.
The University of Hawai‘i Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.