Title: E-communication/Social Media Student Assistant
Compensation: $11.65 or $13.05 depending on experience
Part-time: 15 – 19 hours per week
Under the direction of the Alumni Relations Coordinator, this position assists in the development and maintenance of the day-to-day Electronic Communications and Social Media presence of the University of Hawai‘i Foundation Office of Alumni Relations (UHFAR).
- Meet regularly with the Alumni Relations Communications Coordinator to plan, create and distribute content on the UH Alumni social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and other social media applications)
- Meet and communicate with internal departments to develop and promote content for social networks
- Develop connections and expand the social network of the UH Alumni social media platforms (i.e. via Facebook, Twitter and other social media applications)
- Maintain connections and promote conversation on social media platforms through interaction and calls to action
- Create original digital content for distribution on social media platforms (i.e. Graphics, Photo and Video)
- Research ideas and trends to help promote the UH Alumni social network presence
- Assist with Photo/Video production as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be currently enrolled (six or more credits) within the University of Hawaii system.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, dependable, and able to work under daily deadline pressures
- Must have excellent communication skills and firm understanding of online etiquette
- Must have excellent computer skills (Mac and PC)
- Must have experience and knowledge of social media platforms and best practices
- Proficiency in electronic communication and design/creative software (Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite)
- Intermediate Photography experience
- Intermediate Videography experience
- Basic Photoshop skills
- Ability to generate interest and maintain conversations in the social media environment
- Working knowledge of HTML
Based on the University of Hawaii Manoa campus. Flexible Hours, Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Please send letter of interest and resume to Kapiolani.Ching@uhfoundation.orgApplication Form
The University of Hawaiʻi and the University of Hawaiʻi Foundation
The primary purpose of the University of Hawaiʻi's ten-campus system is to provide an environment in which faculty and students can discover, examine critically, preserve, and transmit the knowledge, wisdom, and values that will help ensure the survival of the present and future generations with improvement in the quality of life.
The University of Hawaiʻi Foundation, a nonprofit organization, raises private funds to support the University of Hawaiʻi System. Our mission is to unite donors' passions with the University of Hawaiʻi's aspirations by raising philanthropic support and managing private investments to benefit UH, the people of Hawaiʻi and our future generations.
The University of Hawai‘i Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.