Title: Fiscal Associate
Department: Fiscal Services
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt At-Will Employment
Reports To: Accounts Payable Supervisor
The Fiscal Associate will assist with the accounts payable/receivable functions in the fiscal services department.
- Timely processing of purchase order transactions by verifying the availability of funds, proper authorization and appropriate documentation. Perform data entry to print and encumber purchase orders. Verify receipt of items and process purchase order for payment. Follow up on outstanding purchase orders, respond to inquiries from vendors or account administrators.
- Timely processing of check request forms. Responsible in ensuring that funds are available, proper authorization and documentation received to process request and verify that the account validates each expenditure.
- Print and distribute checks on a weekly basis.
- Assist account administrators, vendors and/or staff with fiscal inquiries.
- Distributes incoming mail for fiscal department when student(s) are not available.
- Process cash receipts deposits.
- Assist with managing notes receivables.
- Greet and service walk-ins and answer phones in a friendly manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Fiscal Associate will meet annually with his/her supervisor to put in place a plan for the year. At the end of each year, the Fiscal Associate and his/her supervisor will review progress toward the annual goals.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills.
- Must have good time management skills.
- Must be dependable.
- Ten-key by touch.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, proficient in Word and Excel.
- Able to work under deadline pressures.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and apply policies of the Foundation to work.
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of basic accounts payable & general ledger concepts is desirable.
- Must reflect and represent the organization’s values which are teamwork, accountability, service, trust, integrity and excellence.
The Fiscal Associate will work primarily in an office environment and will need to sit or stand for extended periods while either working at a computer, attending a meeting, or performing desk work for extended periods. Based at 1314 S. King Street, Suite B, Honolulu, Hawaii. The employee may need to work some evenings and weekends and must be able to work to the demands of the position, which may exceed a 40 hour work week.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest that provides evidence of the qualifications, a resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Hawai‘i Foundation, Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 11270
Honolulu, HI 96828-0270
f: (808) 748-0727
Our application form is a fillable pdf, please download and save the application to your computer before filling it out.Application Form
The University of Hawaiʻi and the University of Hawaiʻi Foundation
The primary purpose of the University of Hawaiʻi's ten-campus system is to provide an environment in which faculty and students can discover, examine critically, preserve, and transmit the knowledge, wisdom, and values that will help ensure the survival of the present and future generations with improvement in the quality of life.
The University of Hawaiʻi Foundation, a nonprofit organization, raises private funds to support the University of Hawaiʻi System. Our mission is to unite donors' passions with the University of Hawaiʻi's aspirations by raising philanthropic support and managing private investments to benefit UH, the people of Hawaiʻi and our future generations.
The University of Hawai‘i Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.