Blending culinary art, food science and nutrition
Creating culinary experiences
The Culinary Institute of the Pacific is all about the future of food.
We are an incubator for emerging leaders in culinary excellence, and an evolving laboratory for new ideas in sustainable cuisine. We're a stage for exhibiting and interacting with trends and concepts, and we’re a dining experience for discerning, adventurous, curious epicures wherever they reside on the foodie scale.
We are building a culinary innovation center.
Led by masters in the art and science of food research, students explore new ideas for exciting, sustainable, locally sourced nourishment.
We are building an interactive tasting studio.
Our theater-style demonstration kitchen—a venue for public tastings and explorations aligned with curricular themes—allows students, instructors, and visiting professionals to broadcast to the world that experts are found here, at the Culinary Institute of the Pacific on the slopes of Diamond Head.
We are building a world-class dining experience.
It’s not a restaurant—it’s an exhibition kitchen dining and discovery destination with thematic menus aligning with curricular explorations. Periodic rotations explore cultural concepts of Hawai‘i and Pacific cuisine, culinary history and special techniques.
Hawai‘i’s talent on an international stage
Your donation to the Culinary Institute of the Pacific at Diamond Head supports
- Student research and innovation
- Cocurricular student and instructor participation in international competitions and symposia
- Entrepreneurism and new product and menu development
- Widely broadcast expertise on food concepts and ideologies
- Immersive and interactive dining experiences
- Development of a restaurant management degree program
- Lecture series on thought-provoking food concepts
- Product development working with local businesses and farmers
Make a Gift
Questions? / More Information
If you would like to learn how you can support UH students and programs like this, please contact us at 808 376-7800 or send us a message.