Title: Scholarship Student Assistant
Department: Scholarship Development Office
Part-time: 12-19 hours per week
Pay rate: $10.70 per hour
The student assistant will provide support to the Scholarship Development Office. The student assistant will report to the Assistant Director of Scholarship Relations and will be expected to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Assist with stewardship activities and communications concerning student aid accounts (i.e. notification of recipient letters to donors, thank you letters from student recipients, sending recipient thank you letters to donors, tracking communications).
- Data entry in database to record correspondence.
- Assist with mailings and various stewardship communications.
- Copying, faxing, scanning, filing.
- Assist in scholarship development office events.
- Campus errands.
- Assist in the completion of special projects or any additional task upon request.
- Must be a student enrolled half-time (6 credits) or more in the University of Hawaii System.
- Exemplify and live the values of the UH Foundation (accountability, excellence, integrity, service, teamwork, trust).
- Must possess strong analytical, logical, and problem solving skills.
- Interest in learning nonprofit administration a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Quick learner with good listening skills.
- Dependable and detail-oriented.
- Proactive and the ability to work independently.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential material.
- Able to multi-task.
- Occasionally will need to lift 15-20 pounds.
Send letter of interest, a resume and a completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.