Title: Student Programming Assistant
Department: Data & Technology Services
Reports to: Data Programmer/Analyst
Pay Rate: $10.70 to $11.50 per hour, depending on experience and skillset.
The Data & Technology Services department is seeking a Student Programming Assistant to assist in recurring and project-based data and programming tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write and execute SQL and PL/SQL code and scripts against Oracle databases.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly recurring tasks for incoming/outgoing online updates.
- Perform various bulk data loads and modifications using the Advance DataLoader and Loader utilities.
- Assist in the identification and correction of data integrity issues within the Advance database.
- Assist in the occasional creation, design, testing, documentation, and troubleshooting of Advance reports using Crystal Reports and Oracle.
- Assist in loading graduate data for all UH campuses after each semester into Advance.
- Assist in the merging and coding of external databases with the Advance database.
- Assist in the testing and validation of new and existing Advance utilities and tools after each Advance application or database upgrade.
- Create, modify, and convert existing forms to fill-able PDF format using Adobe Acrobat Professional and Adobe LiveCycle Designer.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of technical documentation describing Data and Technology Services data procedures and reports.
- Assist in troubleshooting minor hardware/software issues.
- Assist in intranet/internet website maintenance, content management, and web programming utilizing HTML/PHP/.NET 2.0 (VB and C#).
- Work with Data Processing students to complete various data tasks and projects.
- Perform basic help desk duties.
- Perform other duties and activities in support of the UH Foundation mission as requested.
The successful candidate for this position will possess a majority of the following qualifications:
- Must be a student enrolled half-time (6 credits) or more in the University of Hawaii System.
- Preferably pursuing a Computer Science or similar degree.
- Ability to work 15 – 19 hours/week regularly. Hours are flexible and can work around school schedule, plus time off for exams.
- Working knowledge of HTML, PHP, .NET 2.0 and higher (C# and VB), Oracle SQL and PL/SQL a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word.
- Must possess strong analytical and logical skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently, with a project team, and set priorities.
- Possess strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Based on the University of Hawaii at Manoa campus. Flexible hours, Monday through Friday between
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Send your letter of interest, resume and a completed application form to email@example.com