This 9 minute heartwarming alumni story featuring members of the Segawa family will take you on a memorable, uplifting journey as we get to know three generations of proud multi-campus UH alumni who are giving back. We learn about Kay Segawa, Wesley’s mother, whose career at UH Hilo spanned three decades. They share engaging anecdotes about their time on different campuses, talk about formative experiences leading to their success and how they brought it all back to Hilo to advance the community they love.
A tiny computer hidden in a fuzzy snow leopard automatically downloaded newly posted songs on Reddit. A mobile app located the nearest farmers’ markets and displayed their hours of operation. These were some of the great ideas at the 2017 UH-AT&T Hackathon.
The University of Hawai‘i Foundation in partnership with generous donors and UH partners, raised $77.6 million in fiscal year 2017 (7/1/2016 - 6/30/2017). These funds will directly impact students, faculty, research and programs on all 10 University of Hawai‘i campuses.
The University of Hawai‘i Foundation is honored to welcome Christine Chee-Ruiter, Susan Murray and Sean Sugai to the board of trustees.
The popular accounting program at the University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu received a boost from the AGA (Association of Government Accountants) Hawaiʻi Chapter, which gifted the program with a $25,000 endowment.
Fans greet the UH Mānoa basketball team as players and coaches run through the tunnel and onto the court. This direct connection to the team makes supporters part of the game, thanks to the efforts of long-time boosters David and Elsie Shimokawa, who recently made a gift commitment providing them with benefits so they’ll have more time to volunteer for UH Mānoa Athletics.
Photos: Celebrations of Giving
- UH West O‘ahu Scholarship Celebration
- Celebration of Philanthropy
- College of Engineering Donor Appreciation
- View All Galleries
- Furuli and Mordasini join UH Foundation team
- New giving society launched to support UH Mānoa student-athletes
- Chee-Ruiter, Murray and Sugai join UH Foundation Board of Trustees
- Accounting group presents UH West Oʻahu with $25,000 endowment
- $77.6 million raised for our University, our Hawai‘i, our Future
- 21st annual Noble Chef gala will be held October 28
- ‘Imiloa increases access for K-12 schoolchildren through new endowment