The local tour company with a strong conservation mission, Hawaii Forest &Trailhas donated $25,000 to the UH Hilo Biology Department. Their gift supports research and technologies to reduce mosquito populations and suppress the spread of avian diseases in Hawai‘i.
Raphaela Che didn’t tell anyone that her life was “falling apart,” but when the 4.0 Kapi‘olani Community College student struggled with her classes, a professor sat down with her to discuss her situation. The professor led her immediately to the office of Kapi‘olani’s Single Parents Program, and “from that moment, I got the help I needed, and things were never the same,” she says. “I give them credit for holding me together.”
Annenberg Foundation’s $100,000 Award Supports Groundbreaking Research at Hawai‘i Institute of Marine Biology Gates Coral Lab
Building on its commitment to funding innovation and solving global challenges, the Annenberg Foundation donated $100,000 to support the Hawai‘i Institute of Marine Biology Gates Coral Lab at the University of Hawai‘i.
Her commitment to higher education enabled more than 130 students to complete their college educations at University of Hawai‘i campuses.
“I was terrible at talking to people,” says UH Mānoa junior Maria Ena Rose Bartolome, a student fundraiser in the University of Hawai‘i Foundation’s Student Calling Center. “I wasn’t connecting with people over the phone, and I was awkward. It took me two weeks to get my first pledge.
The Native Hawaiian Organization Alaka‘ina Foundation recently contributed $500,000 to establish the Alaka‘ina Foundation UH Community College Technical Education Scholarship. This scholarship supports full-time and part-time undergraduate students pursuing a degree or certificate in vocational/technical education studies at any of the seven community college within the University of Hawai‘i System.
Hawai‘i Community College
Pālamanui Scholarship Lunch
Honolulu Community College
2019 Donor and Scholarship Mahalo Reception
- Chan Zuckerberg family supports Kaua'i CC Students’ College Success
- Julie Inouye Promoted to Director of Development at the John A. Burns School of Medicine
- Hawaii-Pacific Foundation makes donations to Educational Pathway program
- Annenberg Foundation’s $100,000 Award Supports Groundbreaking Research at Hawai‘i Institute of Marine Biology Gates Coral Lab
- $150,000 from Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Supports Diversity in Nursing
- Alaka‘ina Foundation Supports University of Hawai‘i Community College Students with $500,000 gift
- Subaru Telescope Continues to Support ‘Imiloa Field Trips for Local Keiki