The Foundation raises private gifts for the benefit of the University of Hawaiʻi and its students. We provide central services to:
- Raise funds
- Manage assets
- Administer gift accounts
To accomplish these activities that support all units and campuses of the UH System, we provide resources and specialists in:
- Major gifts
- Foundation and Corporate giving
- Annual Giving
- Estate and Gift Planning
- Donor Relations
- We also manage a student-staffed call center that reaches out to alumni, parents and friends providing news about UH and raising annual gifts
Nearly 99% of gifts are donor-directed. The UH Foundation partners with UH to realize donors' wishes.
- To ensure that our donors' wishes are respected in perpetuity, we develop individualized Gift Agreements where appropriate. These customized legal documents clearly articulate each donor's gift specifications.
- Currently, the Foundation manages endowments with a total market value of more than $467.2 million.
- More information on the Foundation's endowment investment pool policies, asset allocation, and performance can be found in the annual endowment reports.
- UHF provides accounting services for more than 7,000 accounts
- UHF responds to more than 1,600 account service requests a month. Of the 7,000 accounts we administer, more than 1,500 are student aid accounts for the benefit of UH students.
- Coordinate relationships with potential donors
- Nurture relationships with existing donors through recognition and stewardship events
Connect Alumni and Friends
The Office of Alumni Relations at the UH Foundation develops alumni programming for the UH System.
- Build and implement alumni engagement strategies in coordination with campus leaders to reach 310,000 UH graduates
- Inspire alumni support of recruitment, retention, career services, advocacy and mentorship
- Celebrate alumni achievements to build pride and connection with their alma mater in meaningful and relevant ways