Creating opportunities for more students
Your gift to the UH Equity and Access Fund can transform families and neighborhoods. It is a bridge for students who are first in their families to attend college. It reaches into our island communities where college attendance is not a foregone conclusion. It lifts up our friends and neighbors who make UH campuses the most diverse in the nation. This fund supports students who:
- Demonstrate financial need;
- Are the first generation in their family to attend college; or
- Are one of UH’s under-represented student populations.
Preference will be given to Hawai‘i residents.
Why give to this fund?
- The standardized and broadly-written criteria for this fund allows for a streamlined award process. This removes a significant barrier for under-represented and vulnerable student populations.
- The streamlined award process also allows for students to be notified of awards in April-July as part of the usual financial aid cycle, so they have a more complete picture of their financial aid package when deciding if/where to attend college.
- As a donor to the UH Equity & Access Fund, you will receive annual reports with information about student recipients and how your generous support is helping them thrive.
First-Generation Students at UH
- 1st Gen: 11,041 (22%)
- Not 1st Gen: 28,940 (58%)
- No reply: 9,613 (20%)
Note: First generation students refer to those who self-reported being the first in their immediate family to attend college. Data source: UH Institutional Research & Analysis Office, Fall 2020.
Scholarships Change Lives
Let’s start a conversation
If you’re interested in supporting our students, we would love to learn more about what you would like to achieve with your philanthropy.
- Give to the UH Equity & Access Fund
Make an Online Gift