The Founders Club furthers the pride and esteem of the university community and recognizes the university’s most generous individual donors whose cumulative lifetime giving to any campus or program at the University of Hawai‘i has surpassed $100,000. Founders Club donors give to a variety of areas including endowed academic chairs, student scholarships, start-up capital for research institutes and discretionary funds for academic leaders.
What gifts qualify for Founders Club?
- A combination of outright and irrevocable planned gifts totaling $100,000.
- Planned gifts, with University of Hawaiʻi as the irrevocable beneficiary, must be established with a present value of $100,000.
How have Founders Club members benefited the university?
Gifts from Founders Club members have:
- Endowed academic chairs which help UH attract and retain outstanding faculty. This in turn helps make UH a destination of choice for top students.
- Endowed scholarship funds that make it possible for students to attend UH no matter what their financial situation is.
- Provided "start-up" capital for research institutes
- Provided discretionary funds for academic heads to help them make the most out of unanticipated opportunities.
Throughout the year, President's Club and Founders Club members are invited to member-only University of Hawaiʻi events. Look for invitations in the mail or please send us your email so we can be sure to include you.
For more information, contact Allison Ohanian at (808) 376-7873 or [email protected].