2018 Heritage Society Symposium
This year’s program featured presentations by exceptional professors and leaders from across the UH System. Topics explored a range of areas including the importance of microbiomes, research taking place at the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy, research and clinical trials at the UH Cancer Center, language translation for media, music and culture, the evolution of culinary programs at UH, and motivational stories from legendary athletics coaches.View Photos
Heritage Society Membership
Members of the Heritage Society are among the University of Hawai‘i’s most important partners. Gifts that qualify for the Heritage Society create a legacy that will shape the future of the University of Hawai‘i and generations of students.
No gift restrictions apply and no minimum gift amount is required.
Founded in 1998, the Heritage Society honors alumni, faculty, and friends who have made provisions in their estate plan naming the University of Hawai‘i Foundation as a beneficiary for the benefit of the University of Hawai‘i.
Benefits of Membership
- Members are invited as special guests of the UH President to the biennial Heritage Society Symposium.
- Members are invited to additional University of Hawai‘i Foundation gatherings and UH events throughout the year.
- Members receive Kupono the UH Foundation quarterly newsletter and the bi-annual UH Magazine.
We welcome you to the Heritage Society when you have named the UH Foundation as a charitable beneficiary of a:
- Will or living trust
- Charitable gift annuity
- Charitable remainder trust or charitable lead trust
- Qualified retirement plan
- Life insurance policy
- All or a portion of a personal residence or vacation home with retained life estate to the UH Foundation
With your gift, the UH Foundation invites you to membership in the Heritage Society. If you have been so generous as to include a bequest to the UH Foundation as part of your estate plan, please let us know as we wish to acknowledge your gift and welcome you to the Society.
You will join a community of special people whose commitment to excellence in public higher education will secure the future of UH students, programs and research for years to come.
Contact us to find out more about joining our vibrant Heritage Society: