Food, and so much more
CIP’s vision is not merely of chefs and charcuterie, but the power of island cuisine to bring people together, to strengthen and diversity Hawai‘i’s economy, to energize the state‘s workforce, and to spread the University of Hawai‘i’s expertise around the world.
- CIP will be a destination for foodies, offering unique dining, educational experiences, agritourism, and special tasting events.
- CIP will play a critical role in the state's economy, preparing an agile workforce with ingenuity and entrepreneurial acumen.
- CIP will be a resource for the state with expertise in innovation, research, product development, food sustainability and resilience.
- With its emphasis on nutrition and indigenous flora, CIP will create new pathways to health and wellness for Hawai‘i’s people.
The culinary revolution needs you!
Properly equipped, Hawai‘i’s food innovators will perform expansive, comprehensive analysis and food safety testing locally, rather than relying on other states. They will explore and revisit indigenous ideologies on food resilience and sustainability. Our students and local entrepreneurs will embrace culinary innovation at its core, evolving the world’s experience of Hawai‘i’s food culture. Together we can create delicious and intentionally healthy cuisine.
We invite you to join the largest public-private campaign of the UH Community College system, completing the Culinary Institute of the Pacific at Diamond Head and making history with us. Many local families, longstanding foundations, reputable businesses and philanthropists have already committed. This exciting endeavor will bring more of Hawai‘i’s talents to the forefront, creating career opportunities for budding culinarians, funding crucial research and developing new products for our world.
Let's make history. Together.
We are nearly there
The first phase of CIP's new campus is complete, with advanced labs in continental and regional cuisines, a student commons and a parking lot.
The second phase begins now!
- Signature restaurant.
- Outdoor cooking lab.
- Auditorium studio for food and wine demonstrations, competitions and broadcasting.
- Innovation center for new product testing, sensory evaluation labs, and shelf life chamber.