UH Athletics fans and friends enjoyed catching up with old friends and making new ones at the inaugural Green and White Celebration at the Stan Sheriff Center. This special event, hosted by the UH Letterwinners Club, honored the 35th class of the UH Mānoa Sports Circle of Honor inductees:
- Dave Shoji, legendary Wahine volleyball coach
- Marilyn Moniz-Kaho‘ohanohano, recently retired UH Athletics Administrator & former Wahine volleyball player
- Don and Marion Murphy, longtime and dedicated UH boosters
- K. Mark Takai, the late U.S. Congressman and former student athlete
- 1992 Rainbow Warrior football team, coached by Bob Wagner, capped an 11-2 season with a 27-17 victory over Illinois in the Holiday Bowl in San Diego
Guests enjoyed food from Sam Choy's, 12th Avenue Grill, Pig and the Lady, Tiki's Grill & Bar, Superb Sushi, Willows, Karai Crab, The Streatz Hawaii, Big League Grill, and more!
Net proceeds from the event supports student-athletes through the Letterwinner's Club.