Congratulations on being selected as an award recipient!
Receiving scholarships, awards and other types of student aid is a great accomplishment! Applying for a scholarship is a very competitive process and receiving a scholarship is a huge accomplish. These scholarships are funded by generous donors who enjoy learning about scholarship recipients such as yourself and seeing how their gifts are making an impact. Sending a message to the donor(s) of your scholarship is a special way to share how a scholarship has impacted you. Use one of the three options to send a personalized message to the donor(s) who funded the scholarship(s) you received.
UH Foundation Scholarships
Current academic year scholarship and award recipients will receive an email from UHF’s Scholarship Office encouraging you to submit a thank you message to the donor(s) for the award(s) received.
Three ways to thank your donor
- Student Profile
Complete a simple online questionnaire to create your profile summary.
Helpful tips to share:
- Career goals, aspirations, what motivates you, etc.
- Why you choose the University of Hawai‘i campus you now attend
- Accomplishments (awards, honors, etc.)
- Extracurricular activities and/or hobbies
- Thank You Letter
A well written thank-you letter is always special and appreciated. Here are suggestions for what you can include:
- Address your letter to the contact person for your scholarship (if applicable). If not indicated or if you want to verify the information, please contact the University of Hawai‘i Foundation Scholarship Office.
- Include the fund name of your award in the opening paragraph. Some donors support multiple areas and schools, and referring to the name of your award makes your letter more memorable.
- Express your thanks and tell your story. Donors want to hear about you and how their gift has made an impact on your life.
Some topic suggestions:
- What the gift has meant to you/your family
- How the gift will help you this academic year
- Your area of study
- Your background and past academic interests and experiences
- Your future goals and aspirations
- Please proofread for grammar and spelling.
- Mail or email your letter(s) or card(s) to the University of Hawai‘i Foundation address below. Please do not send your letter to the donor directly.
To keep our donors' contact information confidential, we ask that thank-you letters be mailed or emailed directly to the University of Hawai‘i Foundation. We will forward them to the donors on your behalf.
University of Hawai‘i Foundation
P.O. Box 11270
Honolulu, HI 96828-0270
If you have more than one award, or there is more than one donor, please write a separate letter for each. If you have already written a letter of thanks to the donor(s), please let us know by sending us a copy.
- Video Message
Make it special with a personalized video. It’s quick and easy. Just use your smartphone to record a quick mahalo message, then upload it to our system.